Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Entry
- All terms and conditions for entry in this exhibition are required.UWS Exhibition Committee reserves the right to refuse any work for unacceptable quality, improper framing, damage caused by shipment, or for non-compliance of these terms and conditions. Any work, once selected by the juror, later found to be not in compliance with any term or condition, will be disqualified from exhibiting. Any artist who submits work later disqualified or who withdraws work, once selected, may be banned from participation in UWS sponsored exhibitions for a period of up to two years. The UWS Exhibition Committee’s determinations and decisions are final.
- Open to UWS members. Participants are limited to a total of three (3) entries. No refunds once payment is received.
- All works must be original. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work or works created under instruction.
Use of copyrighted sources is prohibited.
- All works must have been completed within the last two years, and not have previously been exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Utah Watercolor Society.
- All works must be rendered in water media. Acceptable water media includes: transparent watercolor, gouache, ink, acrylic, casein, and egg tempura. No water-based oils or oil pastel.
- A work that is collage can use hand painted, found, or printed papers. Found or printed papers cannot exceed 25% of the total image.
- A work that combines mixed media with collage must use at least 75% water-based media in conjunction with other media, such as pastel, ink, crayon, printed collage papers, and found papers. These "other media" may not be the dominant element. No work with 3-dimensional found objects or digital art will be accepted.
- Any questions on acceptable media should be discussed with the Exhibition Coordinator prior to entry submission. Contact information is at the end of this prospectus.
- Artists are encouraged to paint on watercolor paper or canvas, clay board, or other experimental surfaces. Work may be varnished or glazed for surface protection.
- Unframed image may be no smaller than 140 square inches and no larger than 660 square inches, a full sheet of watercolor paper.
- To determine eligible size, multiply height by width. The resulting number must be between140 and 660. For example, 9”x12” =108 sq. inches (too small, won’t be accepted) or 10”x14” =140 sq. inches (eligible for entry), 22”x15” = 330 sq. inches (eligible). 30”x23” = 690 sq. inches(too large, won’t be accepted).
- All paintings must be framed and ready to hang with wire supports.
- No gallery-wrap presentations.
- Glass, Plexiglass and/or mat are acceptable but not required. Paintings presented without Glass or Plexiglass must have a protective coating or varnish applied.
- Only one image per frame will be allowed.
- Paintings may be floated on a mat or matted in the traditional way.
- Stable and professional backing material required.
- Work submitted without a frame will not be accepted.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of selected work to and from the exhibition venue. See “Calendar of Events,” above, for artwork delivery and pickup dates.
- Delivery ($15) and storage fees ($5/week) will be assessed on paintings not retrieved on designated date/time.
- All delivery costs, including shipping/handling fees where applicable, are the responsibility of the artist.
- Works juried for this exhibition must be delivered for the exhibition dates and remain for the duration of the show.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, nor withdraw the work once selected by the juror. Artists whose work is selected and then not delivered at the designated delivery date to the exhibition venue is considered withdrawn.
- Artists who do withdraw work may be denied entry in future UWS exhibitions for two years.
- By entering this exhibition, you grant permission to use your artwork image in publicity.
- Artwork deemed not in compliance with this prospectus’ terms and conditions is considered withdrawn.
- All artwork must be for sale. A commission of 30% will be deducted from all sales.
- No changes in price or other entry details can be made after the submission deadline. By entering this show, the artist enters into a contract with the gallery, which will be the acting agent for the sale of his/her artwork.
- While utmost care will be taken in handling entries and artwork, neither UWS nor its representative will be responsible for damage or loss from any cause.
- By entering this exhibition, you grant the UWS permission to publish digital and print images of your artwork entered in UWS sponsored exhibitions in perpetuity for the purpose of education, for publicity in promotion of its exhibitions and your artwork, for digital and print UWS communications, such as its Newsletter, and for UWS archives.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions